PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackburn Beverley Albums
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 19:38
Proplinerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beverleys

Sadly, I am too young to remember the Beverley in its flying days, but I thought I would contribute a link to the Blackburn Beverley Association's excellent website, dedicated to the only survivor, XB259. Go to:

The Blackburn Beverley Association - Beverley XB259

I saw this aircraft in 1994 at the Museum of Army Transport in, appropriately enough, the town of Beverley. When that museum unfortunately closed in 2003, the owner of Fort Paull-a museum not too far away from Beverley-bought XB259 and, at great cost (and all credit to him for this) had her dismantled, transported to and re-assembled at Fort Paull, where I saw her again in 2006.

I also remember XH124 outside the RAF Museum at Hendon-tho the less said here, in light of previous controversy on the net, re its demise, the better, tho you will see my view on this if you go to a photo I took of the aircraft in December 1986, at:

JetPhotos.Net Photo » XH124 (CN: 1030) United Kingdom - Royal Air Force (RAF) Blackburn Beverley C.1 by Michael Blank

See also:

JetPhotos.Net Photo » XH124 (CN: 1030) United Kingdom - Royal Air Force (RAF) Blackburn Beverley C.1 by Michael Blank

Last edited by Proplinerman; 9th Mar 2010 at 19:41. Reason: Wrong third link