PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting up my PPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 18:23
Joe.B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Thank you very much for your replies .

I dont mind the intensity of the 21-days, its just I feel i'd be a little rush and have a 50/50 split on the flying and theory. I'd much prefer to have 100% on theory, then 100% on flying to give it my best as well as enjoy each moment.

Whilst as you say there is very little difference I'm inclining toward Florida due to the weather, ok theres thunderstoms but I dont want to be disrupted by UK weather! Not trying to rush it at all, just dont want to extend it unnecessarily.

Thanks for your input Paolo 'Dan', sounds that you've done very well... how much did it cost you back then?

I'm currently on an aerospace engineering degree and looking to get the PPL under my belt - ideally I'd love to become a commercial pilot. I'm 19 at the moment, and funding is a concern - sponsorships I'm aware of but I'm also aware of the popularity of those... one can apply but probability is low (not trying to sound negative at all). Anyone got any input from experience what path they would suggest I do? I'm loving my degree at the moment, so its not an opt-out of that just my dream is to be a pilot and I feel i've taken the correct 'step' toward it.

Thank you