PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 13:53
MUFC_fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolute and utter garbage.

BA1502/03 was one of the highest yielding flights in the BA network.
I don't know how you can specifically say that you know it was 'one of the highest yielding routes.' Unless you work within the department then there is pretty much no way. Unless Company House has gone a lot more in depth!

I also doubt it is one of the 'highest yielding routes' when you compare it to some of the others.

Walsh is the one who killed the regions, coupled with absolutely inept managment.
If they win against the Unions (which is looking very likely!), they can perform an integration with IB as efficiently as Delta has done*, get ATI with American, Finnair and Co. and turn the company back into a profitable machine (which no doubt these processes would do), then I doubt his leadership and management team will go down as 'inept.'

If all those processes take place, air travel across the pond will never be the same again...

*I know the BA/IB deal is different to the DL/NW, being more of an AF/KL merger, but I was commenting on the superb process in which Delta were able to bind the two almost perfectly.