PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fife Airport threatened by Wind farm Proposal
Old 9th Mar 2010, 09:48
Captain Smithy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I don't understand is what is seemingly so attractive about building turbines where they will interfere with airfield operations; this seems to be an increasingly popular practice. Why does it have to be there?

By all means build wind turbines if you like, but don't build them in stupid places, e.g. within aerodrome ATZs, on climb-out/approach paths close to runways, under circuit patterns etc.

Often with this subject I think we pilots are seen as antis, or some sort of luddites, but all we are interested in is carrying out our career/hobby in as safe a manner as possible (safe both for us and everyone else, i.e. those on the ground) and to be able to carry out that career/hobby in a sensible, mature, lawful, respectful way without any sort of interference from outside parties who seem to nurse sizeable chips on their shoulders. Or, more accurately, to quote Gene Hunt, not mere chips on their shoulders, more like the whole sodding chippy

Smithy