PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Local pilots fly off the handle at expat perks
Old 9th Mar 2010, 08:30
bartholomewrose

1989 all over again.

Reminds me of the AFAP going for a 29% pay increase back in 1989.
The Cadets in Cathay should show some responsibility for their actions, and accept the fact that they agreed to their conditions of service, and signed on the line.

Should the cadets break their contracts for improved conditions... by the same logic, I should get A-scale.
Equal pay for equal work.... isn't that right boys ?

The cathay cadets have had the easiest run in aviation history. All training paid for, no time in regional airlines, straight into a heavy jet on a good salary, and no time having to wash planes in some outback hellhole waiting for the chance to fly a C210.... and at the same time, no bond to worry about, so you can leave anytime you like !! (take the hint...?)

The cadets got all their training paid for... so to make everything equal... perhaps I should invoice cathay for my training costs.
But the cadets will say that it was my choice to pay for my own training.....
You're damn right it was my choice !!!.
And it was your choice to sign your conditions of service...., but in the Cadet world you don't take responsibility for your own actions (like signing a legal document)... if you don't like your contract 5 years down the track... just cry "RACISM", and ask for a massive pay rise outside your contract.

And shame on the AOA for supporting them, and putting the conditions of service of all the other pilots are risk.

So here is my suggestion.
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR DECISIONS, or RESIGN.