PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch LYNX fleet grounded
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2002, 20:49
ozsander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Westland to get their act together!

Yeah sounds very fishy 2 me 2!!!! Are we the only onces operating with these shafts and bearings! That would be a coincidence I guess but don' believe in that one.

Dutch Navy never conducted 2 modifications on brackets a year or so ago because the modificatie was not a mandatory mod! Should this mod have been done? Instead of mandatory should it have been compulsary? Did other Lynx operators do the mod?

Anyway I dont believe only the Dutch are flying around (grounded at the moment) with these foul SHAFTS AND BEARING which are german made (bearings), besides westland adviced the dutch to replace all shafts last week with once on the shelfs at westland but after a few tests shafts were showing the same problems than the Dutch shafts!!! who else is flying with these things?

GET YOUR NAVY TO CHECK WITH WESTLAND before it's to late! Why isn't westland warning all other operators or checking with them what problems if any they are experiencing and which bearings are fitted! Motto "shut up and lets not tell anybody" doesn't work in aviation I guess!

SAFETY GOES UP FRONT WESTLAND! GET IT SORTED!!