PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final flight of VH-NGA
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 05:21
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
I wonder if there will be a person in the future, who is on a remote island somewhere and is really hurt and will die unless they are medivac'ed out immediately and he or she finds out that as a result of the witch hunt directed at the pilot of NGA, the aeromedical operator and/or its pilots, following OP orders to the T, will somehow elect not to fly due to the conditions prevalent on that day...and that person dies.
This happens today and every day. A friend works for the RFDS and i'm sure that Wally would probable be able to mention quite a few incidents where his decision NOT to go cost a life. They were told right from the beginning that at times they would have to either knock back a flight at flight planning, or divert inflight knowing full well their decision to do so could cost a life. This is something all crew of medivac aircraft/helicopter/military have to take onboard as there is NO point risking the lives sometimes up to of all the personel onboard (sometimes up to 3-4) to save ONE life. RFDS/ all medivac crews do an amazing job, but its not a dangerous and reckless operation where the rule book is thrown out the window to 'get the job done'.

Going via Norfolk was NOT the only way this flight could have proceeded. I think to insult the unwilling participants of this 'incident' is a real low blow KLN94. In my opinion I believe they seemed to be quite level headed 'normal' people, not after anything more than most of us would be feeling if it was us onboard.

If you went to a doctor and the operation was botched would you not be after answers, want to stop it from happening to someone else, and want compensation? Do you believe all the people fighting for justice in QLD from Dr Patel are all 'Ambulance chasers' as well ?

Surely KLN94 your post has to be a windup.