PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Flight Test - Tips
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2010, 01:57
boardpig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CPL

Reading the preceding posts takes me back heheh. I remember being told to treat my ATO like a passenger so that’s exactly what I did, even to the point of handing him the map and asking him to help navigate. (this did get a rare half smile from him).
Know the KDR's from your exams, He'll go through them and ask you about the ones you got wrong, not all of them, just a selection.
When in the air, treat it like any other nav, it’s NO different. When you get to your destination and can't find the land mark (like I did) remember, it’s probably right under the floor! Do a circle and look down.
During the second leg or third leg, be ready for the diversion. You also do some under the hood flying after which I was completely lost! I used a nav aid (BIK vor) to establish position, this seemed to be perfectly acceptable and seemingly, I got away with it.
At the end of it, I really enjoyed my flight test. As has been said before, you wouldn’t be submitted as a candidate if you weren’t ready and you'll be pleasantly surprised just how ready you actually are as compared to how you feel.
Enjoy it and remember, if you fail one section, you only need do that section again, not the whole thing.

good luck.
BP.