PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Flybe/MPL 2010
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 23:32
checkxp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see them paying out for travel expenses to be fair!
I'm sorry but this is absolute bull

I just went for an interview at Airbus, and I have a friend who went for one at Rolls-Royce and QinetiQ, and they paid not only for the travel up to Bristol (and Salisbury), but also for the overnight stay in a Hotel!!
And at the end of the day they don't ask you for 76k, like flybe does, but they pay you for the job you might get full stop.

I think it's time to wake up people... Don't just give away more and more if you want to keep the Pilot profession as a respectable one. We'll soon earn less than bus drivers, and that is very scary for passengers, pilots and their families!

Moreover, FlyBE has got routes from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Exeter, they could at least give you the fare, and let you pay the tax if it's to go to one of their assessment centre.

I think it's really disgraceful and disgusting to tell you that you're gona spend 76k to be able to work with them, and they won't even pay for your tea when you come to the interview, how can anyone see this as FAIR!!!

In my opinion, I think a boycot of the assesment centre would be a big wake up call for them, if everyone that wasn't sponsored to go to Exeter would suddently 'not be able to afford the travel!'. Obviously I guess that'll never happen

This really saddens me and pisses me off at the same time that they'll get away with it, and next year they'll be able to take something else off..... etc etc.

I hope that most people in this forum agrees with what I'm saying!