PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A glimmer of hope maybe
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 18:24
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It's really one step removed from you wannabe's - but I can tell you guys that out here in the sandpit, the pilot shortage is really starting to bite the employers hard

Air Arabia hasn't stopped hiring throughout all this chaos of the last couple years, and there's all of a sudden some very interesting contract jobs coming up, the turkish carriers (THY and Onur) both recruiting hard, a bunch of south americans have resigned and gone home in the last few days because Lan chile / Lan peru starting a massive hiring binge and a couple of new startups in Brazil with some serious money backing them. There's just a few holes appearing in the recruitment dike all of a sudden, and new deliveries of aircraft haven't slowed down yet. Read all the bitching in the ME forum, every single one of us is on our absolute maximum rolling 900-hours-in-12-months all of a sudden and they can't get new people into the seats fast enough.

Like I say none of this affects you guys directly in terms of sending CVs to EK/EY/QR because they still won't hire people without significant heavy jet time, but everyone who leaves a European lo-co or whatever and comes out here, is vacating a seat that you can hopefully fill