PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any happy souls out there?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 13:02
glag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,
there's one thing to consider in this really interesting post : with a single engine prop it's possible to spot those big CBs and sunsets exactly the same way we actually do (after all VFR flights up to FL195 are permitted under certain conditions, and if it's not enough let's play IFR). GA has a lot to give as well in this sense. Here are some pics a friend of mine took during his training from a simple GA aircraft :

The difference stays in the fact that we are paid while the guy had to pay for it. Not a small gap...
So the difference really stays here : get paid to fly someone's else aircraft is a real luxury job. I would never consider it "a job like the others", as I've heard saying to young kiddos aspiring to become a pilot. Being a commercial pilot and get some money out of this industry is becoming more and more demanding, both financially and emotionally. So if you want to enjoy the beauty of flight without the hassles of commercial speculation which makes this industry, I'd suggest to go slow and check your back very very often....