PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final flight of VH-NGA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 12:51
KLN94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 60 Minutes story was a disgraceful piece of sensationalist journalism designed to generate the most ratings from a fearful general populace.

The frequent use of dramatic words such as 'terror', the Oscar worthy dramatisation, complete with perspiration soaked pilot and a ditching animation showing the gear in the down position, all demosntrate that the producer's intent of the story had little to do with the truth but rather generating the most ratings.

I understand the three people who were on board that night each were paid large sums of money to appear. I thought cheque book journalism had to be declared...?

The whinging Pommie patient and her husband, 'the victims', after receiving dodgy medical treatment in Samoa, did what most would do, and called 'the ambulance' to take them to a proper hospital. The 'ambulance' had an accident on the way. Even though all got out and lived to collect their $20K plus cheques each for their 60 Minutes stories, the 'ambulance driver' became the subject of everyone's scorn.

Do you think the flight crew, doctor and nurse really wanted to be up there that night medivacing a patient suffereing 'elective surgery' complications? No, but they did, because it was their job. Flying an air ambulance.

The final transcript of the 60 Minutes chat room may be an indication of the true intent of the Pommie 'victims';

giantbird asks: I cannot imagine how you must feel almost being killed. What justice are you looking for.

Gary: That is something we are taking advice upon and I can't really comment at this stage. I hope you will understand.

Interviewer: I am sorry we are out of time, do you have anything else you would like to share before we finish tonight?

Sue for as much as they can get maybe? First establish loss, identify the perpetrator, build up as much material for the discovery, then file your case.

Gives a new definition of 'Ambulance Chasers'...

I wonder if there will be a person in the future, who is on a remote island somewhere and is really hurt and will die unless they are medivac'ed out immediately and he or she finds out that as a result of the witch hunt directed at the pilot of NGA, the aeromedical operator and/or its pilots, following OP orders to the T, will somehow elect not to fly due to the conditions prevalent on that day...and that person dies.

What has 60 Minutes done..?