PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air pilots
Thread: Ryan Air pilots
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 11:58
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maverick

What is the point that I am devoid of exactly? Maybe because I am not beating your drum of persecution and punishment then the points that I make are deemed invalid?

I'm a realist maverick, your head is up in the clouds with the guys who think this place should be some sort of utopia! I sit next to guys who come across like Ryanair owes them something. And while I can sympathise with anyone who has been here long term and therefore witnessed the prolonged decline in their terms, I'm not too stupid to realise that the whole kit and kaboodle that makes this place what it is were always determined to ensure that this is the way it would eventually go.

And you can talk all you like about standing up and fighting your corner. I personally know quite a few that were pulled through the mill in a war between Ryanair and IALPA. And with every one I show enormous respect, because unlike the majority who devote their time to bitching, moaning and blaming others for sitting on their arse, they actually took the risk and put their heads above the paraphit. And on the broad scheme of things did it change the nature of the beast?

You, me and any other sinner won't stop people joining this outfit. However we can present them with a picture of what to expect. You have got to be pragmatic about it and accept that while it can be kind, it can also be cruel. You also better get used to the fact that you won't change anything because it has went well beyond changing!

And to answer your question, I knew all of this before I joined. And I still did. And I'm still glad I did. Sure there have been some right thorns in the ass, but as somebody rightly suggested 'you reap what you sow.'

So Mav, I'll say two things. You too were aware of what it was like when you joined, but you still did. You also know where the door is!