PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK ATC in the news...
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2010, 11:43
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lesson that nobody's entitled to break laws would be an even more important lesson to his kids. Or any kid at all.

BTW, I once happened to find myself 50 ft away from a midair — no thanks to the work of one of those tower professionals, so spare me that condescending "You don't seem to understand".
DVV...interesting because it seems to add fire to the argument that people are using on here of a controllers "professionalism".
Do you think the controller involved in your incident should be fired? The controllers involved in the scenario that protect the hornet mentioned?
Were they being unprofessional? or did they make a mistake? There IS a difference.

Mistakes happen....there are systems in place to limit the damage a mistake can cause (TCAS for one). In aviation it is too simplistic to say all mistakes should be punished by "firing the guy".

don't assume that the controller is any more focused and caring about your ass than you are (and as the recent events show, he might as well be chatting with his girlfriend or showing off to his kid).
That isn't going to help any reasoned argument. I might aswell say..."Don't assume the pilot is any more focused as they might aswell be looking up new crewing schedules whilst overflying their airport".
Dosen't really reflect the industry as a whole?