PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enough!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2002, 17:10
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging by SBAs location and job description I'd wager he's flying for someone like Air Atlantique, on something old and clapped out like an Electra. Well good for him, I'm sure he's a martyr for his employer. Strangely there are a couple of former Air A pilots just up the road at BHX flying for BA. Both excellent operators and neither in the least bit bitter about BA. I suppose some people just get on with their careers and others just sit around resenting them for doing so. If he wants to fly a computer he should stick to his Flight Sim 2000. If he bothered to find out he'd discover the that modern airliners are actually real aircraft, and considerably more complex, higher performance systems than Electras. Still, our guys enjoy flying them just as much as the 747 Classics, 747-400s, 737-200s, 737-400s, 757s, 767s, 707s, L1011s, DC10s, A300s, BAC 111s, ATPs, ATRs, DC 3s, Bandeirantes and Twin Otters they used to fly.

By the way, if you think pay should be performance related then consider which airline has flown billions of passengers across the world for over twenty five years without a crash. I'd say thats a pretty good performance.