PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2010, 17:31
XpressOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Midex down but not out ??

Interesting article [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']http://www.arabiansupplychain.com/article-3792-exclusive-uae-cargo-operator-slams-closure-report/[/FONT]

Seems the rumours of Midex demise are not true or are they ??

It is strange that they blame the lack of post holders on the death of director's of quality and safety within the last 14 days ? I was under impression that at least one of them was fired after threating to expose the falsification of crew hours ?
Exclusive: UAE cargo operator slams closure report

by Sarah Cowell and Robeel Haq on Mar 7, 2010

UAE-based cargo operator Midex Airlines has slammed rumours that its Air Operators Certificate (AOC) has been revoked by the General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA).
The allegations, which have been circulated on a number of online forums, were fuelled by the death of two post-holders at Midex Airlines – its director of quality and director of safety.
However, speaking exclusively to ArabianSupplyChain.com, the airline’s director general Jassim Al Bastaki stated that contrary to the reports, a number of cargo flights were scheduled for this week.
"I can confirm we have not had our AOC taken away. It is right here in my office with me,” he said.

"The GCAA is running a standard operational audit with us at the moment, which all airlines undergo two or three times a year. Tomorrow at 10am I have a meeting with the GCAA where I must submit the names of my two new post-holders, the director of quality and the director of safety. We had to find people to fill the gaps within 14 days and now it is just a case of submitting their names. The rumours that Midex is out of operation are not true. We have cargo flights operating today and I expect to be operating a cargo flight tomorrow afternoon."

The claims were reinforced by a statement from the GCAA’s director of safety, Ismail Al Balooshi.
“GCAA is currently reviewing the operations of Midex and is working closely with them to resolve operational issues. This is a routine activity conducted by GCAA with all its operators in the region,” he told ArabianSupplyChain.com