PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2010, 17:23
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A passenger writes...

I've recently starting using GF as a way of getting back to the UK, and down to the Far East, whilst avoiding EK's crazy prices out of DXB. I read some of the comments about GF on here with some trepidation before I used them.

But. I have to say, the J class product is really pretty good. Yes, the IFE needs an upgrade (and I have had picture problems on some channels and some screens) but the seats are extremely comfortable, and the standards of catering are amongst the highest I have ever seen on an aircraft - it knocks EK catering and SQ catering into a cocked hat, and dear old VS may as well give up....

Timekeeping on the twelve or so sectors I have done has been fine, haven't lost my bags, gives me my VS miles and tier points, and all at fares that are crazily low - return DXB-BKK was a shade over 4k AED in J, and I got the former First Class sleeper seats both ways. Can't fault that!

All I would fault, apart from the IFE, is the cabin crew tend to be a bit invisible - all of them, oddly, except the flying chefs, who seem to spend a lot more time patrolling the cabin than the 'rank and file' crew. And none of the cabin crew seem very keen to enforce pax discipline - phone calls being made on the runway, pax standing up during the taxi etc - but that seems to be a feature of travel in the Gulf...

Good luck guys, and please stop knocking the product. It ain't perfect, but it is better than most J classes, and a helluva lot better than some posters on here seem to think.

For the record, I am not employed by GF. I have never been employed by GF, or even applied to GF, and I am not job hunting!

TA