PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fife Airport threatened by Wind farm Proposal
Old 7th Mar 2010, 14:02
140KIAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone actually proof read that document before they sent it? It is full of spelling errors and has few references!
Apart from one incorrect spelling of Tayside I cant see anything else ? I'd hardly call that "Full".

The objection was primarily pulled together by one individual who has a full time job and plenty of other things to keep him busy. So lets not be too harsh please.

How can Tayside Aviation be neutral?!
Tayside are quoted by the applicant in the planning application as saying
"We can confirm that as owner and operator of Fife Airport we have carefully considered the proposal and have no objections to this proposal being implemented. This follows our own analysis of the current CAA rules for the establishment of wind turbines in close proximity to an airfield.
Chances are that statement was made by a certain representative who admits to knowing 4/5th of SFA about aviation. Another representative of Tayside subsequenty wrote a fairly soft letter to Fife Council. The letter didnt specifically state object or support so Fife Council categorised it as neutral comment. That letter has since been removed from the Council's Planning portal.

The company wanting to construct the turbine is in the wind farm business and as xrayalpha says would appear to want to do this for green pr marketing purposes. They employ about 400 people in Glenrothes and it has been suggested that they will close and relocate any factories which have the turbine turned down. I suspect that Tayside dont want to be blamed for the loss of 400 jobs.

That said, I hope the residents are being vocal. Only 100 objections seems terribly small, considering everyone in Glenrothes is going to hear the noise from the proposed turbine. Local petition?
The 100 objections are for a different application to construct 5 wind turbines in a disused opencast mine. The place is a bit of an eyesore and I believe that the local residents have been promised relandscaping etc to get them on side.

This latest development is only a few hunderd meters from residential areas. There have been some objections but nothing to reflect the impact to the area,

Have a look at the last page of this document, I cant imagine anyone living in these houses being supportive. http://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/f...ent-590822.pdf

Information campaign is on the agenda to ensure the local residents are fully aware. An initial straw poll suggests that perhaps they are not.

Proof read once, apologies if I cause any offence for any spelling or grammatical errors