PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for all ye, pilots and controllers...
Old 7th Mar 2010, 12:01
Cafe City

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the beach

I wasn't complaining about the recent welcome change to the procedures, what I was commenting on was the haphazard handling we seem to be getting regularly. After almost 6 months I would have thought it would have been sorted by now. We can come in from sikou without a word from either of the first 2 frequencies we talk to only to be hit with some significant vectoring on approach control. Sometimes to the east for 20 miles and then almost back to where we started. How does that happen? Don't you have someone who has the overall picture and can start to slow us earlier? I mean, I understand we often may need a bit of a tweek here and there once we call approach, but to such a drastic degree?? It makes it very difficult to manage our proflile sometimes. Perhaps you can enlighten me. If we're given such long vectors should we reduce our descent rate or are you looking for us to keep coming down and put on more power to drag it in from low level?