PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Departure Segments
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2010, 10:00
aslan1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi John

I dont work for an airline yet. Im preparing for an interview and one of the feedback questions is

What are the departure segments and do they apply on a go around two engined/one engined?

I understand the departure segments from take off with an engine failure after V1 but I couldn't find out anything on when you have taken off, had an engine failure after V1, followed the departure segments to ensure obstacle clearance (single engine) - come around for another approach and for some reason you had to go around single engine.

In my MCC training in an asymmetric go around, we applied go around thrust and at 1500 feet we lowered the nose a bit to pick up speed in order to retract the flaps and speed up to 210 knots.

That was basically the same for when we had an engine failure after V1.
We climbed at v2+15 pos rate gear up - 400 feet hdg select - 1500 feet was flap retract alt so lowered the nose an soo on.....

I had never heard about departure segments before, so now that I know about the ones on take off, I wanted to know if there was any specific ones for single engined go arounds

hope that makes sense