PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2010, 09:29
FireBatHero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incorrect, the ATAR is a ranking, therefore your ranking in the class and cohort performance is much more important. There are many people who have done extremely well, getting 90+, but their marks were dragged down due to poor cohort performance. A friend of mine went from 97 raw to 92 moderated because the class he was in was averaging about 60%, i.e, a **** mark. The only people in a class who are NOT scaled is first and last place, so 2nd to 2nd last goes into a pool and their marks are moderated according to cohort performance. Why do you think nobody likes someone who doesn't work hard in their class? They'll drag you down. However, school rank no longer matters in the ATAR system, if we were discussing the old UAI system, school rank would have to be taken into account as well.

For some more information, read the following links:
Does Rank Matter ?

there's so much b.s. flying around, i just dont know the correct answer....

There is no subject that will automatically scale you up. (except MX2 I think?)
Although what you say is true, you're still wrong if you were trying to argue what I said. 95 raw examination mark will get you close to a state ranking. If you're first, your internal mark will be the same as your external moderated. Your cohort will make no impact unless you arent ranked as strongly.

friend of mine went from 97 raw to 92 moderated because the class he was in was averaging about 60%,
I believe you said 95 in BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL...See that external bit that you wrote? Sure I could be given a 100 internal and If i got 50 for my external mark, my itnernal mark would be aligned to 50. However, you clearly said both internal and external which just makes your argument void.

So just stop thinking you're so top **** and that you know everything

Thank you

k.thnx.bai!