PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Look at what BA are up to....
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 17:51
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Devil

Remember the "World's Favourite Airline"?
If I recall correctly, that was based on international pax carried NOT how the pax felt about the carrier!!! It was always acknowledged that AA carry more pax but do so within the USA. BA found this fact about their number of international pax and went with it, i.e. Simply because we are a small country, BA could claim to be big! It was a very successful pitch.

F3G Thanks for the link to Adizes, I have often sketched that for folks so it's very nice to have a fully 'Flashed' version of it. My response is 'Bureaucracy'. How near the start of that phase, depends on how benevolent you feel. There are a number of other companies in the UK and USA that are in a similar position, such as most of the motor-car manufacturers. I won't start on other airlines ...

For the record (again for new joiners of this forum) it gives me no pleasure to say this about BA and I shall not see them eventually close and get taken over with any joy - but it will happen, it's only how and when. As with F3G, I have had wonderful flights with BA and they only stopped being my first choice in long haul after the Dirty Tricks affair.