PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 17:04
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No guts no glory

I'm with Swedish Virgin on this one, although I don't work for VS.

I also left the Orange nightmare a few years ago to fly long haul for a European based company and (despite jet lag etc) my social and professional life have improved 100%, not to mention my health! I have 10x more energy than when flying LoCost and I'm enjoying the various destinations.

A lot really depends on your personality and social background though. Some people like Capt Ted Crilly sit all day in a hotel room, starring at the seniority list and counting the people in front of them in order to get that "holy" Command, whilst being frustrated to be away from friends and family. In that case LH is nothing for you. Others (like myself) have a quick look on the internet for fun things to do and go out and enjoy themselves, whilst still having a decent social life when at home.

No doubt that the 80's LH lifestyle (one week Rio) is no longer there, but for me LH still beats SH hands down. BTW, these *cough* quick upgrades with SH LoCost come at a price, just have a look at all those numerous threads on PPRuNe about easyJet and how they (mis)treat their employees and cadets... Absolutely a disgrace!

p.s. Another lesson from my 4 years at sleazyJet: NEVER again do I want to work for a UK airline! They sure know how to take the fun away from flying and how to mistreat employees!