PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryan Air pilots
Thread: Ryan Air pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 13:25
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the complete, unequivocal Ryanair cliche fellas.

Cpt X who is based at Y and gets paid Z, yet Cpt U who is based at V gets paid W. He does the same job, flies the same aircraft etc etc.

Whilst on the other hand BRK FO Number 1 at the sunshine base which has just seen its fleet double in the last 3 months is flying his socks off and is getting paid close to what Cpt U takes home on a Ryanair contract. Yet BRK FO Number 2 at the cold, wet and windy UK training base has been doing 3 to 4 STBYs a week whilst capacity is cut over the winter and an ever increasing line of cadets and OCCs move through the crewroom.

Is anyone surprised that there isn't a seniority system, a contracted amount of hours to be flown, a clearly defined salary structure? Its all guess work and the luck of the draw. New joiners take note please. I'm not knocking it, I enjoy it, it has been good to me so far. However the cold hard fact is this - Ryanair owe you hee haw and they will be very quick to inform you this little fact. Unless we were to all stand up and say we won't accept this any longer then nothing will change. And quite frankly this will never happen as the pilot body is too big and too diverse. I believe it was dubbed 'divide and conquer!' by BALPA