PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the characteristics of high aspect ratio wings?
Old 6th Mar 2010, 12:25
keithskye

The Ego
Has Landed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It cannot be said any better than that!

I was about to post my own reply to the question of wing design as well as the issue about 3-engines vs. 2, but Galaxy Flyer summed it all up so accurately that I do not think it is really possible to add anything of any real value. Good job and very well said, GF!!! You definitely know what you are talking about. It is a shame that most "modern" general aviation pilots do not study or learn more about engineering and aerodynamics as part of their education and training. I am always amazed at how much the typical bizjet pilots I have flown with do not know about such subjects. I am actually glad to see Tuna HP start the threads he did because such seemingly simple questions generated a lot of discussion and put a lot of information on the table for the benefit of all here on these forums. I at least was reminded of some things I had forgotten, and I think its good for all of us in this business to get as much "refresher" training or info as we can! Thanks to all here for making this such a great forum.