PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perils of drink
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 10:41
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTB it can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes but dealing with it comes with experience. I have zero tolerance to drunks on a flight.

The sectors where the party has started at check in (and often before) are often the easiest to deal with from my point of view. Certain flights have this pax profile and we know what to look out for on boarding and what to ask the gate agent. Their return journey to LGW often starts at this point with or without Police involvement.

In flight we also know what to look out for. A gang of lads ordering 10 coke's is very as they are probably adding their own spirits......they think we are stupid when they deny this

I would never sell, or allow my crew to sell, two at a time of anything on these flights despite the company incentives. I am responsible for, and report to the Captain directly, re safety in the cabin. However somebody like Mrs Seaoxen having 2 bottles of wine should not be an issue IMHO.

I know there are some pax who have posted in this forum that safety is not the number one priority for airlines. I can honestly say that for the front line crew it always is. I don't do drunks for safety reasons. The Captain's have always supported any offloads I have done and so have my company.

AAF I've yet to see a "hive of activity" in the flight deck in all my years of flying Sorry Pilots!! In a sunny cruise it reclining seats, sun shades down, on tap meals/drinks and newspapers scrounged on turnaround from the CC.....all the time quietly monitoring the aircraft and ATC.

I've also been on flights where things have moved up several notches due to a technical problem or otherwise. Even then focused professionalism at all times by the Guys whatever might be happening.

On your Bangkok flight all was well as long as the cloud of smoke wasn't from the wacky baccy that went with their refills