PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manning - Are we shooting ourselves in the foot?
Old 6th Mar 2010, 08:30
Mr C Hinecap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who get most from AT are (in my experience) those new to it or less experienced. I got qualified early on and could lead my own expeds (which were always put together, under my guidance, by developing Airmen and women).

Those who organized it learned a lot and proved a lot to write up about, those who participated got huge benefit from the experiences and those who didn't wanted to come on the next one. Over the years I have had the pleasure of seeing a few of these individuals and most all (in a higher rank as well) commented on the positive impact of AT.

Those 'leaders' of men and women who decry AT are an embarrassment and aren't ensuring one of the few fun beneficial development opportunities is made available to their charges.

Mind you - I'm not saying that downhill skiing is AT - thats sport. Sport is good tho. Why not use the collective purchasing power to have everyone skiing at the same time, so making it fairly cheap?

Last edited by Mr C Hinecap; 6th Mar 2010 at 08:57.