PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manning - Are we shooting ourselves in the foot?
Old 6th Mar 2010, 08:23
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so you don't see AT as beneficial then?
I spent almost all of my free time surfing, yacht racing ans snowboarding. Oh my hobbies are militarily irrelevant.... I'd better stop.

The purpose of AT is to encourage leadership and team building..

As a liney mech tech ****** my face certainly never fitted so your argument does not hold water as I still went on AT.

In my experience it is those who do things other than getting pissed and moaning who get off their arse to do these things get to do them.

Here's a tip - read sro's regularly and as soon as you find something you want to do put in a polite request - a bit of give and take etc.

maybe if you negotiated a week of guard as a bribe etc or volunteer for something crap beforehand you would be more ameniable to the man who says no/yes/maybe.

If you are viewed as an all round airman who tries to put up with the bollocks and gives a **** generally, doesn't have people ringing up saying he's missed another appointment or fitness test etc then you will probably be allowed to go - workload willing.

If you get refused then politely enquire why, keep a note and when you ask next time remind the man you have already missed one -

one exped a year, maybe two acceptable. six is taking the piss unless you are me!