PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Domestic - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2010, 08:03
abs10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On Hold.....

Hi Guys, and a special hello to shortfinal737.....

I am in the same position as you are shortfinal737....

In January/feb 2009, a large group of us had been successful and have been on hold for this entire time. I am now incredibly confused as to where we now stand as the new receruitment drive is now taking place.
During this time, qantas has been pretty good keeping us in the loop, Here are the emails:

7th December 2009: Thankyou for your patience. Recruitment will recommence within the next few months.If it occurs before the 1st July 2010, it is unlikely yoy will need to again complete an assessment centre....
24th December 2009: Given the recent announcement about the domestic expansion etc etc, we now need you to send us refreshed referees and a new photograph (even though they had already done our reference checks).
27th December 2009: Thankyou for your update... we will be in contact with you shortly about next steps.
4th March 2010: Qantas announces large recruitment drive....
5th March 2010: We would like you to reregister your interest to be considered for the assessment centre....

As you can see this is all VERY frustrating. Can anyone shed some light as to what will happen with all of us still on hold?

Quiet frankly, I cannot beleive they have not advised where we stand ,or, at least a confirmation that we do not still have to attend an assessment centre......