PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 6th Mar 2010, 01:27
Bloody Blind Bat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REX Cadet Scheme has died a natural death.

Great news for all REX FOs

Your lifestyle is set to improve dramatically and permanently within the next 2 months. We will see mass resignations from end of March and throughout April, which includes training captains, mostly line captains and some upgradeable FOs. It will amount to no less than 10% of our 230+ pilots, the last 40 being cadets in training are not included in the count. My numbers, though approximate, are not far off.

Flying hours will drop further and RSV days will become RDOs as you won't get a call out, all because there will be no more Captains around, no training captains to train cadets as they will all be oversubscribed training Upgrades and the bucketloads of FOs already around.

I did 520hrs last year and at this rate, it will be sub 500 this year, awesome!! For those cadets reading, whip out your calculators and see how long it will take you to get 2000 aeronautical hours for your 'command' to satisfy the AOC requirements that cannot be altered (of course you will need the multi command as well, which I'm sure REX will happily dish out, NOT)...definitely not the 4 years as you have been lead to believe....or is it 2 years, the original promise?

Does REX need more cadets after the Chinese invasion in the next month or so? You be the judge..... I can tell you what REX needs more of, even a blind man can tell you.

So to the REX IT department who read PPrune and Facebook everyday as part of your chores, what is 10% 0f 230? Beter go tell someone quick and break up their group hug, because I still need this job for another few months.

Now back to my interview study......