PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1:50 Rule NPRM Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 23:13
thefuture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Copied form another thread

airtag said "The Unions or anyone else for that matter did not 'really' oppose* the reductions - not even on the jungle jets with one person being responsible for 2 doors ..(WTF!!!! and with the skewiffslide at R2 how the hell did anyone prove the evac efficiency!!!!)... Apart from a few whining lines recently in the SMH and a puff piece in crikey, the CC world has generally been out to lunch. However precedent now exists and you can't retro legislate".

This is a very accurate description of the facts. I had to go and speak to the guys involved at the time before making any comments here.

tightslot: there were some very good research available at the time from Cranbroock University. now time has move on and it appears everything is going towards a risk based outcome. it always depends who (and what area of CASA and Airlines the so called experts come from)is involved in that approach. the unions don't seem to grasp the idea of providing experts to drive their interests( needless to say they could learn a lot from AIPA).

The FAAA (domestic & international) certainly has not been at its best when it comes to any lobbying,attending meetings, driving issues in CASA and the repective airlines. one almost certainly can make a case of potential (total) incompetence when it comes to issues with CASA & Government relations.
The FAAA international side is to focused on promoting themselves lately. (if i get another email or 4 page glossy self promoting magazine) The new nickname for the "donothingunion" upline says it all. I give them credit for some of the flexibility in the last year to save jobs but you can't run all your defences or excuses for not doing much or not paying attention to issues important to CC alone on that issue.