PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does Beach King & 185Skywagon need Floats
Old 5th Mar 2010, 20:35
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
240,000 sqr kilometers of this part of Queensland now covered by flood water. By comparison, that is larger than the State of Victoria; same size as the United Kingdom; and six times the size of Holland.

It is far from over. The Weather Channel is forecasting rain out here for the next seven days.

The resiliance and optimism of the residents is amazing. Some areas have been in drought for up to thirteen years. The rains guarantee the grain crops and stock fodder for months to come. The Ballonne River at St George feeds the Murray - Darling system, thus guaranteeing water down stream in NSW and even Victoria.

Whilst there is little highway damage at this stage, it will come. Hopefully Government will find major funding to rebuild the Warrego Highway (a major highway servicing Mt Isa and the NT), one of the worst National Highways in Australia.

I fertilised my lawns and gardens just before the rain. Machettis out this morning to cut a track from the front gate to front door, through the jungle...... And I need to drain the lake under my house.