PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
Old 5th Mar 2010, 20:15
Mike Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for those who might not have seen it I was at a meeting on the 19th February where the DFT were discussing penalties and charges. In spite of the Government making money out of this scheme during the Auctions they are also going to charge a "Subsistance" amount to cover administration costs. But don't worry!!! most biz jets aircraft will fall into the 1st charging band so they will "only" charge you £2,550 each year. Our single company aircraft will produce around 300 tonnes of CO2 a year incuring a Tax (they don't like the word Tax so I tend to use it) of around £8,000 depending on Carbon values. So including the annual verification charge say £1,000 (I don't know what this will be) we could end up paying £3,550 for the honour of paying £8.000 TAX. This seems slightly ridiculous to me but not to the Emissions people

Whilst at the meeting the BBGA produced some interesting numbers that from a total UK list of 894 Operators 269 Operators have their plans approved with another 100 in work. 174 have been exempted with 10 in work This leaves 341 (38%) unaccounted for.

Also the Pagoda repacement system for small Operators seems to have a problem and is still delayed.

Rant over for the moment

M.E.