PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 16:38
Going loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed - let's start over. Your view is that the market as a whole will pay a premium for convenience - fly me from my local airport and I'll pick up the extra cost. My view from the industry is that Ryanair are not alone in seeing things differently - consumers with access to competing airports in a defined market are on average more sensitive to seat price than choice of airport. I accept and respect that you as an individual would pay more for convenience and for what it's worth, so would I. But the market as a whole behaves differently and it seems this applies as much in Poland, Italy, Germany as it does the UK.

The reference to your own local market in the North is make the point that the make up of passengers and routes between the competing airports is evidence that Ryanair aren't the only ones guilty of operating in the interests of their own bottom line ahead of passenger convenience. Wouldn't there be gains and losses at all airports in that market if the industry put their aircraft closest to the point of passenger origin or destination?