PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 16:22
MANFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, the Manchester thread....it always feels like Deja Vu...

I was at a reception in a certain S.E. Asian city a few weeks ago with a UKTI/NWDA Trade Mission Group that also had tagging along some MIDAS folk and some rather (or very) senior people from MAN.

They did a very nice presentation to a receptive audience of invited guests about why people should fly to MAN (shame the people it was mainly aimed at were in Sydney that day, but there you go...) with some impressive and interesting statistics, not least the claim that Manchester had four Premier League teams, not two. This came as a bit of a surprise to the people from Wigan and Bolton in the room....

It was quite amusing how a number of people in the group (many of whom are very frequent business travellers) expressed a desire to 'have a word' with Mr H about 'issues' at MAN, and to be fair he took it all in and was pretty good with his replies. I am sure I don't need to list the most popular complaints he got.

One bit of interesting information was who the route folk had hopes would be a possible new long haul airline to arrive and the proposed route. It certainly wasn't one I'd considered, and I don't think it's been dreamt up on here yet with all the others. It would be a welcome addition to the route network if it comes off.

This is now confirmed on the MAG website on A380 readiness which says airbridges will be provided to 12 Could this be pressure from EK
It could also be for the ones based a bit further away, who are sending a longer version of their current bird in a couple of more days a week from the end of the month. Not pressure from them, but possibly pressure to them/carrot to move.

I know they have been looking at possible gates down there.