PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Lesson 1:01: How To Seriously Upset A Group Of Premium Customers
Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:44
Lukeafb1

Nemesis of the Proot Dynasty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Referring to Final 3 Greens' post, I had an interesting experience on a BA flight from Houston last month.

My company always fly us either First or Business, with one exception - to and from Houston (because so many of us fly backwards and forwards from Houston).

Going out, BA lost my luggage, which eventually turned up two days later (yes, I was given $250.00 compensation which was appreciated).

HOWEVER, on the return flight, I was assigned seat 40A. As I got on the flight, a male cabin member was all over me and took me directly to seat 4A (First Class). Stupidly, I thought that since I was a Gold Card member, I had been bumped because of the inconvenience on the outward journey. But five minutes later the same member of the cabin staff looked at my Boarding pass as he went past my seat and all hell broke loose! He demanded that I get out of First and get back to my proper seat. I even had difficulties getting my jacket, which was in the wardrobe, because of his haste and bad manners.

As soon as we were airborne, I demanded to see the cabin Services Director. He listened sympathetically and said he would 'sort it out'. However as the aircraft was virtually full, he couldn't move me. I accepted that, but was still furious about the other cabin member.

When we landed, the CSD came back and gave me a bottle of very good wine 'for my inconvenience'. Well done!

However, because of the attitude of the first cabin member, it has cost BA a large amount of money. Because I have had to go to Singapore three times since the episode and guess what? I've travelled Singapore Airlines!

Last edited by Lukeafb1; 5th Mar 2010 at 11:49. Reason: Spelling error