PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 10:19
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not the only one who believed that VS were an aspiration for many commercial pilots. In the end, from the first hand stories found here and from others I have heard recently, VS may not be the cat's pyjamas so to speak? They exist in a very tough market which will only get more difficult with a BA/AA monoply at LHR. Therefore can you see any real boom in growth, especially when it comes to western routes? The 10 A330s appear to be replacement aircraft, possibly taking the place of the older A343s / 744s? God knows what is happening with the 787 order (15 aircraft) and what will become of the A380, however I would expect to see the remainder of the 747 fleet will head out to Arizona as a result. May even be the case that a few A346 may join them?

VS seemed to be billed as a lifestyle airline, especially if you were Airbus crew from what I remember. Maybe they still are and I'm sure it still floats a few boats? Like Ted says, all you can do is try it (if you get the chance). Seems enjoying hotel interiors and not being too focused on reaching the LHS is a bit of a prerequisite?