PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 03:11
su47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also understand that there will be a new hurdle for you to clear - it'll be implemented shortly (though this word is rather subjective seeing how big organizations react a little slower to new initiatives). And it'll cost a pretty penny to prepare for it.

I walked the same path you guys did over 2 years ago - 1st round, psycho-motor, 2nd round, tea party, followed by medicals and the all-desirable contract offer. A little blue bird in the loop kindly informed me earlier this week that selected applicants who make it through all these will have to go for air grading on a C172. I've been led to believe that this will be prior to the contract offer although I could be wrong (the existing system is to sign a contract, get shipped off to OBS, then fly the C152 for a couple of hours).

Perhaps one of the courses studying at Seletar reading this thread might be able to shed more light.

The only feasible way I can think of to prepare for this is to invest in Flight Sim and a control column, force feedback optional. It's costly but if you're throwing all your chips on the table then now's the moment.