PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 01:52
bearfoil

Now there is a spirited homily. Flat, slowly rotating aspect, check.

100knots vertical? Check.

The galley looks like one I saw that had fallen off a loading dock. The tray cabinet had trays and shelving piled up at the bottom, and was teetering on one leg. These are damages created by stoned ramp rats, not interior fixtures pinned in a Very fragile Aluminum tube that splats on concrete at high velocity. I ask you, honestly, you believe these fixtures were salvaged but the intact airframe was utterly destroyed?

These are not consistent results. They demand too high a suspension of disbelief.

Building an a/c, one has pretty much three solid walls.

Strong, Light, and Cheap. The "Cheap" is of a higher value than pants at Tesco's, but it is nonetheless a ruthless master.

The fixtures, imo, did not reach the Sea with the a/c, They had been ejected, with far more precious Cargo, at higher altitudes. Light, strong, and cheap, they essentially floated down. Big, flat, light structures falling into the sea. Reasonably undamaged, along with the VS.

The crew rest capsule the same. This is difficult, for we assume it was holding the Captain, and perhaps one or two rest FA's. How did it come to be found?

The Sea tore the Fuselage into bits, but somehow the ridiculously underbuilt capsule escaped with a crushed floor only? If the Fuselage basically landed on top of the capsule (after the Belly had 'stopped'), well, there is an amazing piece of work.

The fuselage is a wonderful structure, as a whole it is remarkably strong torsionally, and is a robust pressure vessel. It is not resistant to bending, to bearing, or haphazardly allocated weight, pressure, puncture, etc.

Is this a fiction? I cannot say, I will tell you this is a puzzle. Reading and rereading the other accounts of unreliable air speed and recovery therefrom, This accident seems to have started with a train of prior and even multiple repetitions of very bad airplane behaviour.

Given the struggles confronting prior crews, and the conditions on the First of June last, the simple position is to presume upset, and that due to any of several results possible with loss of critical instrumentation.

bear

JD- Thanks. "What is a Hoop?" Rhetorical question. "tongue in cheek".