PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 00:32
DLWL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Parting.

Hi Guys,

I didnt manage to get through.
Thanks for all the support and encouragements. The reason i didnt get through only SIA knows, but i also have some idea. There were some personal questions about me which i found difficult to answer. Problem is I didnt know to answer directly or not. Which i guess was my downfall. Shld've faced it head on instead of trying to find a politically correct answer. Pardon me but its not something i wish to discuss.

Just some words of encouragement to you guys

1) The HR from SIA mentioned that everyweek there will be a 1st interview. so monitor the website and apply as much as u can. Remember not to say the wrong things. For the first interview be honest, sincere and show ur leadership potential with ur historical backgrd etc. From my batch, the first few ppl who got i/viewed got in, not the norm but the other guys were also quite up there. So it really depends on how much u show them u want it.

THE RESULTS FOR THE I/VIEW WILL BE RELEASE 1-7 DAYS after the first I/VIEW. So there is no second guessing there.

2) For the computer aptitude test, there is a post in this thread that is detailed in telling u guys what to do. read up but dun mind it too much really. Just keep a clear mind, rest well. It really isnt too difficult.

3) For the second interview, I must say, the CPTs do have an idea of what they want already. Some1 from my batch with flight experience and knowledge didnt get in either. I guess it really boils down to.

a)attitude
b)i/view skills
c)looking sharp- well just give them the u look reliable look (dunnoe how to describe really)
d)good analytical skills - if u dunnoe, say dunnoe. but if u are guessing, just let them know and tell them how u got to the answer.
e) it really doesn't matter too much if u got the answers wrong, they are mostly just having fun putting u in the spot and seeing how u react.
f) just be calm and confident. BUT NOT COCKY pls.

The results for the 2nd I/view will be released immediately the next day.
So no second guessing there either. Sorry i cant be more specific about the process, coz honestly, its better to go there prepared for anything, rather than try to be prepared for everything- which u cant.

P.S: FOR Medical: though i couldnt go through the process. I AM suffering from a Blood disorder Called Thalassaemia. I saw some threads about this and found out that there is a guy in SIA now on course with the same disorder. However, our Hb level is normal at 13.5 above.

So those guys with this disorder, don't be dishearted if airforce say u cant be a pilot, SIA will still take you provided u clear the I/views. =)
If your Hb level is below 13. Suggest u take folic acid supplements. IT works =)

Alright, I have been told by the HR that they usally don't take in people who failed the final round. I feel that my chances are at most 10% as the i/viewers would have recorded a bad comment on my records. So likely, there is no more chance for me. I hope what i say here can help u guys and please keep faith. Keep trying. All the best

I will continue to realise my dream in other ways.

D,
signing out.