PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any happy souls out there?
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2010, 00:07
Chael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also like to thank XX621 for making this thread. I am 18 now, currently working my way through PPL with my lowly student income hoping to find a way to finance furthers steps towards becoming a CP. I read through these forums quite a lot, rarely posting, just absorbing the information from the various threads.

I have always wanted to be a pilot. No question about it. I have the commitment and the determination to struggle through the rough times and (hopefully) reap the rewards afterward. It can be sometimes quite... disheartening to read through these forums and see post after post of people showing a vast amount of negativity towards the career. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm sure these people know what they are talking about and have been through it all, the problem is that there is virtually no 'happy souls' who care to express their opinion on here making it seem like every single person who has gone down this career either ends up being depressed/deeply regretting it, which after reading through this thread is obviously not the case.

So thank you XX621 for making this thread and thank you to all those 'happy souls' have have spoken out and helped contributed somewhat to the balance of nay to yaysayers.