PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Threat Of Strikes At Air New Zealand.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2002, 04:08
Sharfted Groundhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Buster Hyman.... AN can't of been squeaky clean before ANZ bought it. Possibly one should be looking towards the previous owners to lay a portion of the blame. It was run down and full of highly paid executives last time I looked (well before the collapse).

I'm not saying ANZ wasn't to blame as well, but I think emotion is clouding judgement - in some cases, rightfully so. Having been through a similar shafting with TP NZ, its not easy to not lay blame.

As for Freedom paying peanuts; it's probably indicative of several monkeys at the top! Unfortunately many of their pilots have had several shaftings over the past few years, and it's a case of 'any job being better than no job'. Many use it to get experience before bugging out to greener pastures. I agree; maybe the industry should stick together and tell people like M.Y to get stuffed! Unfortunately there are many people clawing their way up the ladder that won't stick to the rules!

Air NZ staff; be really careful you don't end up like the QF NZ pilots. So busy sticking up for their 'rights' they didn't see the collapse coming. What's worse??????