PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 20:32
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Loco,

Your reasoning is illogical. You argue a cause which I have not challenged. My last post was made in response to a direct question which I have answered as requested. I openly acknowledge in my postings that I WOULD book Ryanair again if they offered me a useful product (which, right now, they don't). The Ryanair tricks which I mentioned (in response to the question "why would they do it?") are well known to me, so I know how to avoid the pitfalls. But many potential customers do get caught out, and whether you like it or not, do adjust their future purchases accordingly. With regard to traveling to other more distant airports, it is exactly as I stated in my earlier post: some customers do, many do not. It is a personal choice. I respect that. But there are considerable extra costs to account for if you do that, not only financial but also the value of elapsed time (even if you wish to calculate that merely at minimum wage rates, which I do not). You seem to have a problem with this? Is money no object for you and your time valueless? Well, good for you!

With regard to Ryanair, I have expressed my belief that they are fundamentally a good business (in my 14:09 post), but expressed my frustration that their strategy of short-term exploitation of customers and suppliers will damage the business in the longer term. Note my emphasis here is that I do not wish to see the business damaged, I simply point out that such is the reality.

I have not expressed any opinion about the decisions of other customers to travel 'more than 50 miles', or to Leeds, or to Liverpool, or to Manchester (as appropriate). This is a matter of individual choice as far as I am concerned. (Though you seem hot under the collar about it - take a chill-pill). But I will - and do - point out the additional costs of traveling to a more distant airport. These are a fact. And for me personally, there is no comparison between the £3 passenger charge at Manchester versus the cost of reaching an airport 50 miles away for an 06:30 departure. Unlike some, I do not choose my airport/airline like a football team. I choose what is cost-effective and convenient for my journey. In my case, that is usually Manchester. Sorry if you don't like it. Well actually, I'm not sorry at all. I really couldn't care less what YOU think about MY travel choices. But an airline business would be well advised to take note of the public's travel preferences if it cares about future prosperity.

By the way, what does "chessed off" mean? I probably am - never liked the game much!

SHED.