PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 17:03
JohnDixson

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Comanche Vibs/Screens

IFMU:

One of the things re the RAH-66 was the vibration story. I refer to 1/rev and n/rev. Just to be sure I sent a note to the project pilot Rus Stiles and he confirmed that from start to finish, they never made a 1/rev adjustment on the original blades and never had to do anything about the 5/rev. I only flew that machine once with Rus and from hover to Vh ( ~165 KIAS or so ) it was remarkably smooth. It was also amazingly easy to fly. It was.....but I'd better not get started down that road.

I had to send another note back re the screen issue. I recall that they did lose some screens, but I think the instrumentation screens were working fine so they continued. I'll let you know further when Rus gets back.

Rev 1: From Rus Stiles:

All the screens went blank – but, yes we had critical parameters on both the instrumentation and a display driven directly by the flight control computers.

This back up display shared media with the far right screen – when it detected loss of communication from the avionics, it automatically switched over to the flight control computer. It had critical warning/caution messages, air data and performance information.

Rus refers to the two large MFD's in each cockpit. That glitch was fixed and did not recur.

Thanks,
John Dixson

Last edited by JohnDixson; 5th Mar 2010 at 17:28. Reason: Further information