PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The relationship between thrust and tempreture?
Old 4th Mar 2010, 15:24
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The relationship between thrust and tempreture?

Why is thrust inversly proprotional to tempreture?
I used common sense to explain this but im not sure wether my analyzis is correct or not .
What i thought is , since air density is inversely proprtional to tempreture ,then when so much tempeture corresponds to very little air density which means less air drag ( corrrect me if im wrong about this one ) i assumed that drag is directly proprtional to density , so if we have so much drag we need more thrust to maintaine a particular IAS than the thrust that we would need to maintaine the same IAW with less drag ( which occurs as a cosequence of more tempreture and less density ).
Is my analyzis correct ? and if it is then is it what we consider to determine the optimum flexible tempreture when we configure the FMC before take off .
And if my analyzis is wrong , then please correct me and explain the correct relationship between thrust and tempreture and how do we use it to configure the FMC's flexible tempreture .
Thanks in advance