PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrain after net takeoff path
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 14:54
Old Smokey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE! - A lot of Performance Engineers and subcontractors DON'T take care of flight from 1500' to MSA, I do, I sleep better that way.

PE's techniques vary, the procedures that I create take the pilot from the runway to the MSA, after which PANS-OPS or TERPS apply. It aint so hard, but the rocks that a willy nilly return from 1500' to the airport at pilot discretion are very very hard, and invariably fatal.

Not an ego trip, but my procedures take the pilot, with appropriate tracking out to MAA, and then onwards at at least MAA to a "Safe Climb Holding Pattern" within the MSA coverage for continued climb to MSA.

Interestingly, in Australia, the OEI climb to 1500' (or more if required) is covered by the Civil Aviation Order (CAO 20.7.1B), whereas the REQUIREMENT for a safe tracking procedure for onwards flight to MSA is covered in the AIP...... Interesting cross reading.

A certain well known Performance Provider beginning with a J takes you out to 30 miles.....and then what? NOTHING!!!!:eek:. (J DOES NOT include the venerable John_Tullamarine who takes these things very seriously).

Regards,

Old Smokey