PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK ATC in the news...
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 13:45
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Heathrow Director brings me back to my point I made a few pages back, where do you draw the line?

Can all controllers bring their offspring to work? How much controlling, under supervision of course, should they be allowed to do? Can I let my child fly in my co-pilot's seat, only while it is quiet of course? If the weather is nice can I let him land the aeroplane using autoland, after all I am there to supervise should things get difficult?

Can a barrister allow his/her child to ask a witness the simple questions? Or a surgeon allow their child to do the simple stitches after an operation?

Was the whole point of what the controller did to massage the controller's ego and demonstrate how brilliant his offspring are? What was the objective?

Dangerous, probably not. Complete lack of commonsense, I think so. Lack of sound judgement, I think so again.

If he is told that all is fine, it was a great idea and ignore the storm of protest can we then look forward to a rash of similar incidents, until of course something dangerous happens and then we can all wring our hands in horror that such a thing was ever allowed in the first place.