PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 10:38
pee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Granada, cancellations and schedule changes

I won't be back and neither will any of the large group I was travelling with.
I'll say what I feel. All what the airline business is about it's providing services to passengers (or transporting goods). Transferring people from A to B, getting some profit out of it - that's it. What it shouldn't be? By no means should it be an instrument of political pressure or a tool to get the own will through. Flying pax versus not flying them as an argument during the negotiations could be acceptable, but only before the release of the schedules. The same feels totally disagreeable at the stage when thousands of passengers have already acquired their tickets. Such a practice only damages the reputation and will have to be paid as decline in yields for the airline itself.

Without any profit for myself, I also used to organize some group tours flying Ryanair. Four different flights, bus- or rail transfers between them, hotels booked in advance and so on. There is still one such a trip coming. The last one. Hopefully FR will not mix all schedules just before we leave. With some good luck it won't happen. But observing how often cancellations and schedule changes happen, I'll not risk any more, it's not worth my nerves. Coming to Stockholm aboard the ship in the morning... oops! The plane scheduled to depart at 11:30 will actually leave earlier. To disembark from the ship while the plane is departing? No, thanks.