PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JFK ATC in the news...
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 10:10
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, So in the eyes of the bed wetters on here, at 12 when I began taking flying lessons and had control of the aircraft sat next to an instructor who could intervene must also have been dangerous and irresponsible etc, as where the occasions when I used the radio during the course of such flights.

In the event that you hold that view, keep it to yourself. I shall not lower myself by responding to the pot-shots.

The real problem we have here is that this industry is being destroyed in a two pronged attack:

On the one hand we have the kind of knee-jerk reaction that leads to totally pointless regulation for regulations sake. That at best removes our discretion as professionals and at worst makes it impossible to operate.

On the other hand we get the kind of reaction like this, and cockpit doors where we'll end up with the industry in the proverbial scrapyard because we failed to inspire a generation.

One thing thats been asked for and not provided here is the letter of the law that has been broken. Given that I am a Pilot and not a Controller, I'm not overly familiar which is why I trust their judgement as professionals in their own right.

Bring on that petition.