PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA in G-Reg abroad. Worrying development.
Old 4th Mar 2010, 09:51
ILOC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a little confused Whopity:

It sounds to me as though they have given a straight and correct answer Art 62(1) says it all. Has any insurer actually failed to believe this? The odd ill informed CFI might.
They told me I need explicit permission from each country I want to fly in. No insurer has refused to believe this but because the CFI and CAA examiner are remaining resolute (and now the CAA has executed a U-turn and is agreeing with them) the syndicate are insisting on something clear in writing from the CAA. Pointing them at the ANO and ICAO Annex just won't cut it when 2 of their most experienced members (and now apparently the CAA) are giving them a different interpretation.

But then you go on to say:

but was instructed by the CAA to contact each European Authority in which country he wishes to fly a G Reg aircraft.
That simply shows that the Clerk at the other end didn't know what they were talking about.
I don't see how both can be true? How can they have given a straight and correct answer to me saying I need permission from each country and then in the case where they instructed someone else to contact each country the clerk doesn't know what they are talking about? It is essentially the same advice.